Engineering Manager / Project Manager
To manage, motivate and grow the Technical Engineering department for project management and design engineering within the Torrelavega site.
FUNCTIONS AS DESIGN DEPARTMENT MANAGER :
- Manage the day to day output of the Project engineering team and reporting functions
- Mentor and support change in processes and culture
- Deliver to daily, weekly and monthly targets and goals in line with budget and financial criteria
- Liaise with customers and internal customers on technical requirements and manufacturing criteria.
- Commit and drive deadlines and On Time Performance
- Deliver against set KPIs and objectives whilst setting complimentary targets for the team. Quality, Cost and Delivery
- Work with the design and project group to establish ‘Best Practice’ and continuous Improvement.
- Strive to engineer improvements in performance and assembly to drive Best in Practice.
FUNCTIONS AS PROJECT MANAGER :
- Review Technical Documentation / Specifications of awarded Projects (facilitated by Sales Department)
- Design (calcs and drawings) within this documentation the equipment, including the Bill Of Materials to be purchased
- Monitoring of the project in the purchasing and manufacturing phase, being the only interlocutor with the client
- Responsible for Technical and Project management departments (8 people)
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
DIRECT REPORTING LINE :
- Electro / Mechanical Engineer
- A focused Degree in a relevant discipline
- Change agent and mentor
- More than 5 Years experience in Electro mechanical engineering / design
- More than 5 years managing teams
- Experience in the preparation of layout and details drawings using SolidWorks, Inventor or Pro Engineer
- Experience in project management
- Languages : Spanish (native) and English (B2-C1 àLevel will be checked)
- Results oriented
- Strong, energetic leadership skills
- Motivational and Inspirational
- Driven by data and detail
- Team player
- Committed and loyal