Project Manager / Senior Project Design Engineer
United Kingdom, Norwich,
- Responsible for the day-to-day design and management of all contracts allocated by the engineering manager, including the interface with client, sub-contractors and internal staff as necessary.
- Responsible for following the project from design, through procurement and into production to ensure timely completion as per client contract.
- Responsible for the review of the Sales Handover information along with any applicable client specifications to ensure correctness of design.
- Where applicable, liaise with the control systems designer to ensure that the proposed design scheme interfaces correctly.
- Where applicable, liaise directly with third party manufacturers / design houses to ensure the completion of external design activities.
- Generate initial equipment layouts and sizing calculations prior to commencement of detail design.
- Preparation and submission of client general arrangement drawings.
- Generation and submission of all contractually required documentation.
- Preparation of detail drawings required for in-house procurement and manufacturing.
- Preparation of the equipment BOM and input of all completed design drawings into the Group ERP system.
- Liaison with European production / purchasing managers to ensure that component procurement is ongoing and that the overall contractual completion date is met.
- As applicable provide necessary design / technical support to the contract Project Manager.
- As applicable take responsibility for managing projects as assigned by the Project Manager
- Provide technical / design support to the Sales Department as required during contractual bid phase.
- Some overseas travel will be required as part of the role.